This position provides direct case management services through eviction prevention and aftercare to clients who are at risk of becoming homeless. Services are provided through advocacy, information and referral, crisis intervention services, and short-term case management.
- Provides crisis intervention to individuals and families facing a housing crisis, and who are at most risk of becoming homeless. Addresses emergencies related to housing, food, medical needs, spouse abuse, and any concrete need as presented by client.
- Conducts thorough needs assessment and develops a service plan to address identified concrete needs using a short-term intervention model.
- Conducts psychosocial assessments of individual and family problems and follow up with referrals to Catholic Charities programs and/or clinics or and outside facility as deemed appropriate.
- Assists clients in applying for and receiving public and private benefits.
- Maintains current and accurate documentation of services provided to clients.
- Conducts outreach.
- Develops and maintains good communication with other programs and departments within the organization to facilitate inter-agency referrals.
- Attends regular sessions with immediate supervisor.
- Conducts educational and/or supportive groups.
- Attends Agency’s in-service training and unit meetings as well as any other agency related activities.
- Completes statistical reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Salary: $24.73 - $27.47 per hour.
This is a non-exempt hourly paid position based on a 35 hour work week.
($45,000- $50,000 annually)
- Bachelor’s degree or at least two years’ experience in the social services field.
- Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Bilingual, English/Spanish, a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, knowledge of social service delivery systems, and knowledge of City resources.
- Good organizational, time-management and communication skills.
- Individuals must possess the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5 PM
- Monday - Friday. Additional hours may be required to meet program deadlines, or client needs.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- To conduct home visits and outreach within NYC at least 50% of the time, individuals will use public transportation or traverse city streets, occasionally ascend/descend stairs, and be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Ability to work with the public.
- Ability to position boxes/items at different levels that weigh up to 25 lbs.
- Remain stationary at a workstation and use a computer at least 50% of the time.
- Potential to carry a laptop to offsite work locations.