Summary: In conjunction with the CYO Director and the Sports and Program Manager, The Manager of Administrative and Website services is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the CYO division and for providing oversight of all administrative operations and assist with the daily website/scheduling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the CYO Director, Sports and Program Manager and the County Directors, to organize, schedule, supervise and manage operations for all activities occurring within each county.
- Assist the Sports and Program Manager in developing start-up programs or individual projects within each county based on research and community outreach.
- Work with the CYO Director/Commissioners planning and scheduling the Regular season league schedules, County playoffs and Archdiocesan Championships and contests in all athletic events.
- Work with the CYO Director/Commissioners to monitor and evaluate programs, making recommendations on program improvements.
- Work with the County Directors to implement procedures and systems to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations of existing CYO programs in each county.
- Works with the CYO Management Team to determine appropriate responses to documents and facilitate the execution of those decisions: management of correspondence and flow of information, and preparation of approved documents for signature and submission.
- Provide gym/field supervision at CYO playoffs or other various event CYO events.
- Provides clerical support for the Division which includes but is not limited to responding to general inquiries via telephone and/or email; typing correspondence; assisting with bulk mailings: mass email communications, website data entry, website upkeep, set up online registrations, etc.
- Works with the CYO Management team to complete all CYO statistical reports for internal use as well as contractual requirements.
- Prepares agenda for staff meetings, maintains record of decisions and necessary follow-up actions.
- Basic Administrative Management: orders supply, processes approvals for payment (AFP) and manage payment of officials through online platforms, routine communication with personnel and finance offices of Catholic Charities and other Archdiocesan offices.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Pay: $65,000.00-70,000.00 per year
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management, Recreation, Education or related field preferred but not required.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in one of the areas listed above.
- Experience with Sports Connect platform preferred or equivalent sports management web-based software.
- Experience producing and managing a league schedule through a web-based software program, preferably Sports Connect or similar software program.
- Good judgment in prioritizing multiple tasks and activities and flexibility in adjusting to changing priorities and emergency situations.
- Professional and cordial interaction with multiple internal and external individuals
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and managerial skills
- Computer proficient in Microsoft programs: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Commitment to the mission to Catholic Charities and Catholic Youth Organization.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5 PM Monday - Friday. Additional evening and weekend hours, and flexible work hours are necessary to meet program needs.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting at a workstation and using a computer at least 60% of the time.
- Travel to work sites located in NYS within the Archdiocese at least 25%.
- Located off-site approximately 3 days of the week.
- Attend, stand and/or sit for periods at meetings.
Catholic Charities and Catholic Charities Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.