The Business Services Manager is expected to complete a variety of tasks for the Business Services Department. The position involves clerical and administrative work to service the various buildings and departments throughout the agency. Must be analytical, detail-oriented, flexible, decisive, and have communication skills. Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and work well independently.Job Duties:
- Coordinating and maintaining new leases, renewals and lease expirations with landlords, tenants and agency staff.
- Processing the monthly rents document and submitting it to finance for processing.
- Maintain an Excel spreadsheet to account for all properties with all leases, titles, certificates of occupancy (CO), etc.
- Process all site rental agreements and maintain a calendar of rentals. Collect and prepare rental funds for deposit.
- Maintain the agency vehicle fleet to include registrations, vehicle insurance, vehicle service appointments with service provider, secure and maintain NYC parking permits for fleet vehicles, secure and manage gas cards and EZ-Pass tags. Will also process and follow up on any agency vehicle violations.
- Process monthly departmental credit card statements.
- Assist the Director of Business Services and the Senior Facility Manager with the budget.
- Assist with various activity reports and/or other projects as assigned (i.e. compiling end of year outstanding invoices for accrual, gathering information for grants and audits).
- Assist the Director of Business Services with the periodic review of the departmental time sheets in preparation for payroll. Maintain calendar of Facilities/Business Services staff time off and accruals.
- Complete AFP’s as assigned.
- Assist with resolving service requests and emergencies that are facility related.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
: $32.97-38.46 per hour
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-5 years experience in non-profit or for-profit environment; equivalent combination of education and experience considered. Budgeting experience preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail. Follow-up skills a must.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with and function as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently bringing initiative, creativity, energy, discipline, and commitment.
- Computer literacy and database experience including Microsoft Word/Excel, Outlook and other company related software.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasional travel to outside facilities to manage service visits, emergencies, etc. using vehicle or public transportation, traversing city streets, ascend/descend stairs, and be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Remain in a stationary position at a workstation and use a computer approximately 70% of the time.
Catholic Charities and Catholic Charities Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.