The Manager of Contracts is an integral member of the Finance team working under the guidance of the Associate Director of Fiscal Program Support, or designee, in meeting the fiscal needs (budgeting, forecasting and managerial reporting) of Catholic Charities Community Services. This position works in partnership with Program staff and has extensive working relationships with Assistant Directors and Program Directors.
This position oversees and is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of claims; coordination with funding agencies, including following up with receivables; development of program and administrative budgets, forecasts, and budget modification as required and allowed by contracts; analysis of monthly financial results and review of variance reports, and other ad hoc projects that may be assigned by supervisors.
The Manager of Contracts must be a team player with good accounting, reporting, computer, communication and analytic skills. The skills are required to support the Division and provide recommendations to improve the timely processing and accuracy of financial reports, budgets, forecasts and data.
The position supervises Senior and Staff Accountants and may also be assigned other ad hoc projects as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and execute financial tasks and projects of the organization.
- Assist in making estimates of funds required for the short and long-term financial objectives of the organization.
- Assist in the month-end closing process and financial forecast.
- Assist in audits (external, internal and compliance) including providing information, work paper preparation and analyses.
- Develop and implement plans for budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Provide financial insight and analysis to drive the business performance of the organization.
- Manage and monitor metrics and reports.
- Evaluate the financial performance of the organization.
- Understand and calculate the risks involved in the financial activities of the organization.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of subsidiary and general ledgers; reconcile and analyze accounts.
- Other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
$110,000.00-130,000.00 per year
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position that requires in office attendance at frequencies designated for the Department. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5 PM Monday - Friday. Additional evening and weekend hours are required to meet department and Agency deadlines.
- Bachelors in Accounting and 3+ years of managerial and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America and cost accounting principles.
- Operational accounting experience required, preferably including budgeting, forecasting and variance reporting.
- Non-profit government contracting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Lawson Financial System a plus.
- MBA and CPA a plus.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Analytical skills and ability to develop and recommend solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks on a timely basis with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a professional writing style.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate with operating management, financial staff, and other departments.
- Ability to meet deadlines, with a strong work ethic a sense of urgency in completion of tasks.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Strong skills in Excel, Word, and enterprise-wide accounting applications. Ability to successfully pass "eSkill" assessment.
- Commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities.
Catholic Charities and Catholic Charities Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.