The Maintenance Worker is responsible for maintaining the interior and exterior of the building, ensuring safe, clean, and pleasant environment for all staff, tenants, and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe, clean, and pleasant environment for all staff, tenants, and visitors.
- Provide daily cleaning of the facility and facility grounds, including snow and ice removal.
- Dust, mop and clean surface areas.
- Sweep and vacuum offices and common areas.
- Maintain the exterior of the building free from graffiti and other conditions that are unsightly.
- Perform routine unit maintenance inspections and routine inspections of the buildings.
- Maintain records about building maintenance and repairs.
- Assist with repairs such as changing light bulbs, installing shelves.
- Perform other related duties as directed by a facility manager or site supervisor.
- Rotates between other Catholic Charities Community Services sites to assist with needed maintenance and general repairs.
This is a non-exempt hourly position based on a 35-hour work week. Hourly pay is $21.98-23.08 ($40,000-42,000 per year).
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days of work are generally Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm, with exceptions for special events. Hours will be coordinated according to program needs.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience or training in a building trade, moving, maintenance, and performing general repairs.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and work well independently or within a team.
- Ability to interact effectively with the client population.
- Ability to effectively communicate and to accept supervision from a facility manager, site supervisor, or designee.
- Ability to communicate critical information clearly.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Remain upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion, or to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position- to- position.
- Bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Must be able to ascend/descend up to flights of stairs.
- Extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Apply pressure to objects with the fingers and palm.
- Medium to heavy physical work, exerting from 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally.
- Subject to atmospheric conditions such as: fumes, odors, dust, cleaning solutions, sprays, etc.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 403b with employer match
- Fully covered disability and life insurance
- Commuter benefits and flexible spending account
- 2 weeks' vacation, personal and sick days, and a generous holiday schedule (17 days).
- Tuition assistance
- Employee referral program
Catholic Charities and Catholic Charities Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law. #ZR