Summary: The Refugee Resettlement Department provides social services, employment support and educational services to refugees and other immigrant populations in New York City and the Lower Hudson Valley. Under supervision of the Safe Passages Program Manager, the Case Supervisor will review, edit, and approve repo11s and home studies, submit approved reports and home studies to USCCB, provide intensive case supervision, maintain a small caseload, and supervise interns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review, edit, and provide feedback on reports, ensuring they are completed in accordance with
program guidelines, have correct grammar and spelling, and meet all requirements respectively.
• Coordinate closely with Safe Passage staff to ensure feedback has been integrated into reports and
provide ongoing training and support to ensure reports are completed consistently and correctly.
• Review Safe Passages case notes for quality, completeness, timeliness, and accuracy, and
provide individual and group case note feedback on an ongoing basis.
• Submit reports on time and engage in professional communication with USCCB regarding
delayed reports and extension requests.
• Complete case file reviews, in collaboration with Safe Passages Program Manager and
Quality Assurance and Monitoring Manager, to ensure that staff maintain copies of
documents and reports in each file in compliance with ORR and USCCB guidelines.
• Provide intensive case supervision for Safe Passages team, including consultation for complicated
cases, crisis response and intervention, and additional programmatic support on Notifications of
• Develop internal program policy and procedures guidance, such as guides for working in the field,
creating case files and utilizing tools to meet program requirements.
• Work as part of a team to provide comprehensive trauma-informed, strength-based services
to clients through coordination of cases and effective communication between team
members and departments.
• Develop resources for the Safe Passages team, including building relationships with social
service providers and community-based organizations to increase referral network for Safe
• Supervise MSW and undergraduate interns, including assigning and managing tasks, collaborating with Safe Passages team and supervisors to ensure interns are building capacity, and regularly checking in.
• Responsible for performance management of all supervisees.
Assist the Safe Passages Program Manager and RR department leadership to interview and recruit staff and program volunteers/interns.
• Carry a limited caseload providing direct case management services. Complete home study assessments and provide post release services in accordance with CCCS, USCCB/MRS and ORR guidelines. Support clients by providing referrals for health and mental health services, school enrollment, immigration legal services, and more; advocate for clients as needed.
• Support staff as they handle logistical arrangements for home visits, including ensuring safety protocols, maintain ongoing communication with supervisor and participate in weekly supervision.
• Demonstrate the ability to respond to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
•Comply with annual requirement of training hours (during work time) as mandated by ORR.
•Provide interpretation and translation services as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• MSW degree or an equivalent degree in behavior sciences or a social service field or, Bachelor's Degree in one of the sciences, plus approximately 5 years of relevant employment experience, that demonstrates supervisory and case management experience.
• Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish required.
• Knowledgeable about local social services and experience in family preservation, working with immigrant populations, kinship care, and/or child welfare.
• Compliance with required FBI fingerprint and Child Abuse and Neglect background checks.
58,000-70,000 per year