Summary: The Outreach Coordinator will join Catholic Charities Community Services (CCCS) as part of a coordinated citywide initiative, ActionNYC, which will reach immigrant communities across New York City to connect individuals to free immigration legal consultations, document preparation, and application assistance. The Outreach Coordinator will help deepen, enhance, and expand community outreach and referrals for immigrant students and their families at a select number of DOE Schools. The Outreach Coordinator will support operational and case management needs, including data entry into various tracking systems for appointments and referrals, placements and outcomes; service event coordination, including: scheduling clients based on capacity, reserving requisite space, and supplies preparation; as well as prepare and deliver presentations on various immigration
related topics. The Outreach Coordinator will plan and oversee the Outreach Organizers' outreach tasks, including presentations, appointment scheduling, attendee confirmations, as well as rescheduling needs, and ensure deliverables are met. This position is ideal for an individual who is committed to the mission of serving immigrant families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan and coordinate an outreach strategy to select DOE schools.
• Assign metrics and workplans for outreach.
• Supervise and guide the work of Outreach Organizer.
• Build relationships with key staff at select DOE schools to ensure full capacity clinics/services.
• Develop and distribute trainings, presentation and outreach materials, and relevant communications, to school and Action NYC staff.
• Develop and maintain tracking systems for outreach and appointments for Action NYC remote and in person clinic.
• Prepare for and conduct presentations, workshops and outreach events on various immigration topics.
• Preparation and distribution of materials and resources for all ANYC outreach services, including Know Your Rights events
• Provide referrals for wraparound services.
• Provide a system for communication with schools about results of student consults, while maintaining client confidentiality.
• Create and maintain physical and electronic files, including managing correspondence with clients and documenting correspondence with immigration and other agencies.
• Manage data entry in internal (LLX) and external data management systems (as designated by
ActionNYC) and assist with generating reports.
• Maintain and report statistical data as required.
• Assist with the training of new staff.
Pay: This is a full-time non-exempt hourly position based on a 35-hour work week paying between $30.22-35.71 per hour (55,000-65,000 per year)
Qualification and Education Requirements