Summary: Catholic Charities Community Services one of New York's most prestigious non-profits is currently seeking multiple Hotline Counselors for our Immigration and Refugee Resettlement Department. This role will be responsible for providing general information about processes and legal developments affecting immigrants as well as about resources and related services available to immigrants, including all programs available through Hotline Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer calls on the NYS Office for New Americans Hotline (ONA Hotline) and/or Action NYC Hotline and provide general information on immigration procedures and policy developments.
- Use an online-scheduling system and referral directory to make appointments or provide referrals for legal providers, ESOL classes and other immigration programs and resources.
- Assist victims of anti-immigrant fraud to file complaints with appropriate law enforcement authorities
- Provide LOPC services available to the custodians of unaccompanied minors.
- Engage in ongoing training on immigration laws, regulations, procedures and developments, as well as social services available to unaccompanied minors and their custodians, asylees, refugees, immigrants, and community members in need.
- Document all services provided to callers and maintain and report client statistical data.
- Adhere to protocols that enhance caller experience and meet professional standards of customer service which incorporate the goals of efficiency, empathy and issue resolution.
- Participate in outreach events and phone banks in order to provide information services on new developments that affect immigrants, as needed.
Pay: This is a full-time non-exempt hourly position based on a 35-hour work week paying between $27.47 and 30.22 per hour (50,000-55,000 annually)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent professional training related to the position.
- Previous experience as immigration counselor/paralegal, or experience in immigration law and procedure preferred.
- Bilingual - English and a second language.
- Flexibility to work 9 am to 5 pm, or 12 noon to 8 pm shifts, as well as occasional weekend shifts.
Catholic Charities and Catholic Charities Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law. #ZR