Summary: This position is responsible for coordinating and carrying out activities related to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). The position will also provide services to the underprivileged and underserved through advocacy, information and referral and crisis intervention services.
- Conduct outreach and education activities regarding food stamp eligibility in accordance with the TSNAP contract.
- Plan and execute outreach to those potentially eligible for food stamps at locations throughout Westchester County.
- Interview clients to pre-screen for food stamps eligibility and assist eligible applicants in the completion and submission of food stamps applications to the local Department of Social Service.
- Conduct follow-up to determine outcome and maintain records to track client outcomes. Utilize web-based database to track client information and outcomes.
- Meet all contract goals in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain good communication with other agencies within the County to facilitate inter- agency referrals.
- Complete statistical reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Salary: $23.63 - $24.73. This is a non-exempt hourly position based on a 35 hours work week or $43,000 - $45,000 annually.
- Bachelor’s degree, or at least two years of experience in the social services field.
- Bilingual, Spanish-English Required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of social service delivery systems, and County resources.
- Good organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and Database entry.
- Individual must possess the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Individual must be willing to travel throughout the designated County and to participate in trainings as needed in Albany and elsewhere.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5 PM Monday - Friday. Additional evening and weekend hours are required for outreach and special events.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Travel at least 75% of the time using public transportation or vehicle, traverse streets; occasionally ascend/descend stairs, and be exposed to outside weather conditions. Remain stationary at a work station or during meetings/presentations, and use a computer.
Carry a laptop to offsite work locations.
Ability to operate standard office equipment i.e. copier, fax, scanner, postage machine and printer.
Ability to use and respond to phone calls.
Ability to file client documents in cabinets.
Ability to work with the public.